Everest Community Academy, Basingstoke
The existing full size and sand based MUGA surface was installed in 2007 and was in good condition, however, the Academy’s primary focus had shifted towards football. it was decided to change the surface to a 3G turf, more suited towards football and touch rugby,
The standard approach would have been to rip up the exsiting MUGA surface and dispose of it at a local landfill site/field tip.
- Ensured project was delivered on time and on budget despite inclement weather.
- Reduced carbon footprint linked to deliveries
- Prevented 200 tonnes of infill going to landfill/field tip
- Savings made on the reuse of existing infills enabled the client to install a higher specification 3G surface
- Secured sale and relocation of the original sand based carpet